"Come on in, make yourself at home, and take off your pants!" TV's Craig Ferguson

Friday, October 23, 2009

H1N1... wouldn't want to be one!

A very big part of fraternity life are the drunken' songs and slogans you make up for rival fraternities. For the FIJI's, we would chant, "F...1...J...1... wouldn't want to be one!" Now after experiencing the agony of my brain baking I can honestly say, "H...1...N...1... wouldn't want to be one!" That's right, I had to get my queen to drive me to the doctor last night after a 5 degree fever spike in a matter of 3 hours. The doctor's examination was about 5 minutes tops and I got a cool surgical mask for my troubles! I was so sick by the time I arrived that I could figure out how to tie it around my head!

I will say that though it isn't the epidemic designed to kill 80% of the world as is emphasized on TV, it was and still is, some kind of awful! I can absolutely see how somebody could die from something like that because I went from thinking I had a cold to a 101.5 degree fever (my normal temperature is 97.2 degrees) in a handful of hours. I couldn't move without pain. I couldn't sit still without pain. I lost my cognitive abilities and had the worst headache ever. I'm telling you, I could actually feel my brain throbbing while it was baking!

I feel that the moral of this story is to always listen to your wife or girlfriend. My queen has been on me for the last few weeks about getting the vaccine and I didn't take it as seriously as she did. I felt about two inches big when I had to call her and ask,"when are you going to be home? Cause I need you to drive me to the immediate care place..." So, in light of this, I'm going to take the political way out:

Why didn't anybody warm me about this H1N1 thing going around? I could have been killed! Had I known of the severity, I would have stood in line for a vaccine a long time ago...

That's right, I'm passing the buck! On top of that, I can get away with it because I'm sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment