"Come on in, make yourself at home, and take off your pants!" TV's Craig Ferguson

Monday, November 23, 2009

700 days and counting...

"Life's a dance you learn as you go. Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow. Don't worry 'bout the parts that you don't know. Life's a dance you learn it as you go..." John Michael Montgomery
700 days ago, I finally admitted to myself that I had a problem. At that point in my life, I was so ill that I didn't even realize the 300 pound sack I was carrying on my back, how disheveled I had become, or how I was living in a self-produced landfill, by choice! I will never, ever forget the horror when I stood on a specially manufactured scale, 700 days ago, and saw the numbers 504 pounds flash before my eyes. It was like I was run over by the reality bus!

They says that it takes 10,000 hours to become a professional at something. If I'm spending at least 12 hours a day (gotta sleep sometime) practicing the healthier living techniques that I'm constantly learning then I should be able to consider myself a pro in 833 calendar days. I'm excited to see what that is going to look like!

The thing that I'm most proud of is that all of this work was done without any smoke or mirrors. I've had zero surgeries and the one and only diet I've used is that silly, little food guide pyramid that I learned about in the fourth or fifth grade. Had I taken that scheme to heart then, I might not hurt in my knees, hips, upper back, lower back and feet. I'll admit that I do complain about the exercise a little much, but I have honestly enjoyed every second of this arduous task and am truly excited to see what tomorrow has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment