"Come on in, make yourself at home, and take off your pants!" TV's Craig Ferguson

Friday, July 16, 2010

Today's Weight

7/15/2010: 359.5
7/16/2010: 365

I have been getting overheated and nauseous at work so I've been making a point to be more mindful of my electrolytes. On the days that I'm working out and later going to work I have been drinking 2 20-oz Powerades. Most of the time I drink the Powerade zero so that I don't blow my wad calorie-wise, but when I can afford it I'll go with the high octane (200 calorie) Powerade fruit punch. I prefer Powerade over Gatorade because Powerade has a zero calorie option instead of Gatorade's G2 and I think the full calorie Powerade just taste better.. Then again, that is what works for me. Every body and every program is different.

The reason I'm even bringing this up is because all of those beneficial salts in sports drinks, just like naproxen sodium (Alieve) that I have mentioned earlier, when taken in consistent doses will lead to water retention. Don't worry though, as long as you are drinking enough plain old H2O your body will find a healthy balance and you'll find yourself in pretty good shape. Don't be surprised though if your body finds that balance by waking you up 6 or 7 times in the middle of the night for some marathon pee sessions, but I drink a gallon of water a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment